Airwolf 3D Printers
When trying to decide between the Airwolf 3D Printer vs the MakerBot, there are many factors you need to consider. Airwolf is one of the reputable 3D printer companies, and they are mostly known for maintaining high quality in their products over the years.
The Airwolf 3D printers come in different versions, but they are all known for being sturdy and having beautiful designs. The printers come with both USB and SD card connectivity options, which makes configuration and navigation easier. They also have large build areas as well as heated beds and fast printing speeds.
These printers are precise, sturdy, and easy to use, as well. They require little to no maintenance and offer versatility in terms of a variety of materials that can be used on them.
One of the areas of concern that these printers have is the case. Being made with acrylic and multiple 3D printed pieces is one of the main disadvantages these printers have, but these pieces are easier to replace in case they break down, and the case is also made perfectly with the right thickness that prevents easy damage.
MakerBot 3D Printers
MakerBot is another 3D printing company that is held on the same level as Airwolf in terms of quality of products and market monopoly. They also have different printer models, which are love for fast speeds, reliability, and consistency, which is hard to compete with.
With varying ports of connection that range from ethernet, USB to Wi-Fi, these printers offer simpler set up and better configuration options than what other brands offer. They are also easier to update, and they have strong outer covers with an aluminum casing that ensures the inner parts are well protected.
- Both printers have high accuracy printing capacities with very fast printing speeds.
- They are both easy to set up and use, and they offer great reliability.
- They can both support exotic materials and perform optimally, but Airwolf has more variety than MakerBot.
- Airwolf 3D printers come with heated beds, and MakerBot 3D printers have aluminum beds, which makes them both great at their respective functionalities.
- One of the disadvantages of Airwolf 3D printers is the lack of community that can offer support when needed. This means that finding solutions to any problems you experience from other users will not be easy. However, the brand usually includes extensive documentation with their printers to make up for lack of community forums. They also have a 24-hour customer support system.
- Some versions of the MakerBot 3D printers, on the other hand, have been known to have problems with leveling and smart extruders, but the brand tries to solve them in the latest versions.
Both printers have LED display screens for better control and USB file transfers.
They also have fast printing speeds ranging from 250mm per second to over 300mm per second.
Airwolf seems to have a larger build volume than MakerBot. For instance, the Airwolf 3D HD printer has a volume of 300x200x300 mm, while MakerBot’s replicator 2x has 246x256x155mm. However, they both have heated build platforms.
MakerBot has more advanced software on some of its printers like the replicator+, which allows simultaneous printing, but the Airwolf HD seems to be lacking this feature.
Both printers have high-quality prints with at least 60 microns layer height.
With an accuracy of 0.2mm and nozzle diameter of at least 0.35mm, Airwolf 3D printers can get you, fine detailed models. MakerBot printers have slightly larger nozzles, but they are just as accurate.
Both printers are capable of printing at high speeds with high accuracy, but Airwolf 3D printers have filaments that allow printing of exotic materials such as wood and stone. MakerBot has ABS and PLA filaments only.
Size and Speed
MakerBot and Airwolf 3D printers are desktop printers that will have to be placed on open space. MakerBot doesn’t specify the speed on some of its printers, but based on customer reviews, they have very fast speeds. Airwolf also has faster speeds that start from 150mm /s to 300mm/s.
Best Overall Value?
Both printers are valuable, but if you want a printer that gives you more flexibility in terms of materials you can use, then Airwolf 3D printers are the best choice. They also have high print qualities, and it’s easier to replace their broken parts, which adds to your return of investment.
When comparing Airwolf 3D Printer vs Makerbot you will need to understand what your 3D printing needs are first. Your specific needs will determine the type of printer you buy, but the Airwolf 3D printer has many features that other printers on the same standard lack. If you liked this article, check out our Best 3D Printers under $1000.