Now I know what you’re probably thinking, every engraving pen is made the same. Well unfortunately that’s not the case, because it’s the quality that matters. Having a hand engraving tool that will last for a decade should be everyone’s goal when determining which one to buy. If I’m going to be spending my hard-earned money, I’m not going to waste it on something bound to break in a week. To help myself and readers like you, I’ve decided to review some engraving pens and put together a list of the best.
To make matters simpler, I have decided to split engraving pens into two categories, electric and air. First, we will start with the cheaper options, which are the electric engravers.
In a hurry… Here’s Our Top Picks
Widely used for industrial engraving purposes, this pen is one of the finest and most durable out there.
Editor's Pick - Best Pneumatic Engraver Pen
Best Electric Engraving Pen
An electric engraving pen is one using which you can enhance your creative skills. It has the capability of turning the simplest of things into the finest and elegant looking object. Using an electric engraving pen you can mark or engrave anything on metal, wood, or any other object. Here’s a list of five best electric engraving pens, read about them below.
1. Dremel Electric Engraving Pen
Dremel 290-01 is one of the finest and brilliant quality electric engravers available in the market. By using this engraving tool, you can engrave, cut, and decorate anything from metal, wood, plastic to everything else.
The tool has a soft body, a changeable carving point, and stroke control. Also, it comes with a 7200 Stroke Per Minute full performance motor. This engraving pen is perfect for designing jewelry and other ornaments.
- It comes with a 7200 SPM motor.
- A Dremel electric pen has a soft body.
- It comes with a letter and other tools.
- It has a soft body.
- It gives 7200 strokes per minute i.e., high performance.
- Its soft body can be a consequence too as it can break easily.
2. Wen 21C Engraving Pen
If you’re looking for a variable speed and soft-grip electric engraving pen, then this one is just for you. It comes with a 13-watt motor and engraves 7200 strokes per minute. Other than this, it comes with a stroke adjustment kit using which you can adjust the strokes accordingly.
Wen electric engraving pen can be used to cut anything such as plastic, ceramic, or any other metal and even leather too. In addition to this, it consists of letters, stencils, and other tools for creating more finely.
- It offers high performance, you can engrave 7200 strokes per minute.
- The motor of the engraving pen is 13 watt.
- It can be used to cut or engrave plastic, ceramics, leather, or any other metal.
- The pen offers a warranty of two years.
- It also comes up with other little tools like letters and stencils.
- The customer services are also appreciative.
- The price of the pen is comparatively higher.
3. Utool 24W Engraving Pen
The Utool power engraving pen offers a battery of 24 watts along with a motor that gives 7200 strokes per minute. This engraving pen is equipped with a rubber grip, making it easy to hold. Most importantly, it comes with an adjustable dial using which you can adjust the strokes and dials. It weighs around one pound and works on 120V to 60Hz power supply. The usage of the pen is quite diverse, you can use it anywhere from wood, leather, ceramic, metal to any other thing.
- It offers a 24-watt battery.
- The motor of the pen gives 7200 SPM.
- It weighs about one pound.
- The pen works on a power supply of 120volts to 60 Hz.
- It comes with a rubber grip which makes it easy to handle.
- It can be used on any object.
- It offers a good battery life.
- The sound of the tool is pretty loud and annoying, you may need to wear ear safety.
4. Performance Tool 120V W50036 Engraving Pen
Looking for an engraving pencil to make your jewelry more creative and beautiful? If so, then Performance Tool is the perfect choice for you. It helps you to make your jewelry look elegant and more beautiful. The pen works on 120 volts power supply. It is best suited for metals, plastics, ceramics, stones, and everything. Other than this, it needs two AA batteries to function.
- It weighs around 4.8 ounces.
- This tool consists of round and pointed burrs.
- The quickest and convenient tool to engrave your belongings.
- It works well with everything.
- It might be a little difficult for you to replace the batteries or components of the tool.
5. Galax Pro Electric Engraving Pen
If you’re looking for a pen with a constant speed and so many applications, then Galax Pro is the right choice for you. It can conveniently and quickly cut, carve, design, and create elegant and brilliant craft pieces. If you’re a really serious craftsman with a good interest in crafts then this pen is a must-have for you. The tools come with a rotary kit to adjust the speed of the rotation. Other than this, it offers additional quick and small accessories.
- It comes with adjustable speed. You can adjust the speed from 8000 rates per minute to 13,500 rates per minute.
- The tool offers other small tools like letters, stencils, and many more.
- It is light in weight.
- The tool is comfortable enough to handle and work.
- The tool doesn’t come with a battery.
Best Air Engraving Pen
An Air engraving pen is used to write and carve on metals, plastic, wood, and many other things. There are many air engraving pens available in the market. We have listed down some of them for you.
1. Chicago Pneumatic CP9160 Air Engraving Pen
Are you looking for the most durable air engraving pen? If you’re, then Chicago Pneumatic CP9160 is the perfect pen for you. It gives up to 32,400 air strokes every minute and it is most suitable for industrial usage. It makes the most normal thing, a piece of art.
- The pen gives 32,400 blows per minute.
- It is suitable for industrial use.
- This air engraving pen provides a 6.5 feet whip hose.
- It is one of the most durable pens available for you.
- The pen gives a wonderful and fast performance.
- Also, it is inexpensive and doesn’t make much noise.
- Some customer reviews say that it is inconsistent.
2. Scribe and Air Engraving Pen
The scribe and air engraving pen are some of the best engraving pens available in the market. It is most suitable for glass cutting, ceramic cutting, metal cutting, and many other cutting and designing purposes. The needles of the pen are made using steel and its length is 130 mm. This pen gives up to 16500 blows per minute. In addition to this, this air engraving tool is perfect for carving and marking tools and other parts.
- The needles of the pen are made of steel.
- The pen blows at a frequency of 16500 strokes per minute.
- The length of the pen is 130 mm long.
- It is totally reliable and flexible.
- Works well on almost any object.
- It cannot work under high pressure because high pressure can lead to damage to its internal parts.
3. Sioux Air Engraving Pen
This pen is perfect for marking and carving your tools and equipment. You know what? It’s the pick of the editor as it’s a high performance giving tool. The tool weighs around three pounds and is mostly used for home improvements.
- Gives 16000 blows per minute.
- The hose length is approximately 1498 mm.
- The pen is convenient and quick to use.
- The quality of the material used is brilliant.
- This tool is a bit loud and makes a lot of noise.
- Also, customer services are not very promising.
4. Proline Pneumatic Air Engraving Pen
Proline is one of the finest engraving pens available in the market. It is the only pen that comes with a chisel tip. Most importantly, this tool is light in weight and so easy to use. Not only this but also it comes with a lot of features which I have listed down.
- Comes with one chisel tip.
- Comes in various colors.
- The tool weighs around 10 ounces.
- It is light in weight.
- The pen is easy to use.
- The set up can be a bit tricky
5. Wasp Concrete Air Engraving Pen
The Wasp concrete is best known for detailing the already crafted objects. It makes the art more detailed. It is a small cutting tool that comes with a small cutter to cut the details in an object. It can be used for fine details and extra touch-ups.
- It weighs around 6 pounds.
- It is safe to use and comes with a small cutter.
- It doesn’t make much noise.
- It is a totally reliable and flexible tool.
- It doesn’t cut soft things.
What are the uses of an Engraving Pen?
Engraving pens are used widely for carving the identity to any object. Unlike a jewelry engraving machine, these are much more suitable for hand engraving operations. They are used by the people who wish to mark their name or identity on a specific object. Moreover, they are being used to carve, print, design, cut the various tools, metals, plastic, leather, or ceramics. These tools or engraving pens are perfect to increase your creativity and skills.
Voila! We’re done! This was all about the various air and electric engraving pens. We hope, you’ve successfully arrived at a buying decision by now.